My Current Magic Job


Hello my blog and my reader (if any), long time no see! haha. I’ve been busy writing for Two Stompas lately so I don’t have any time to write anything for the blog. Really though, writing a weekly article is one tough job, even if my boss (Mark) isn’t really demanding. The problem is that you need to come up with a fresh idea every week, do some research about it, and write the god damn thing. But well, it’s actually a pretty fun exercise to do in between of my stupid main job and I got paid, so how can I complain? Lol.

However, the biggest problem I’m facing while writing for Two Stompas is that I have to write in Bahasa. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty proud with my knowledge in my own language, but writing Magic article in Bahasa is just, just hard. There are way way too many terms in MTG that simply doesn’t translate well into Bahasa. Like seriously, how do you translate Draft? Menyusun, Card Advantage? Keuntungan Kartu, Draw? Menarik, and many many other terms that just doesn’t make any sense in Bahasa.

Up to this day, I haven’t seen any Magic literature written with Bahasa which makes my job harder because I simply don’t have any reference for my writing. This situation is kinda surprising for me because Yugioh in Indonesia actually has a lot of people who wrote about the game. Is it only me or are there actually Magic articles written in Indonesia? I don’t know, maybe I’ll found out some day.

So anyway, I’ll probably not gonna make any serious post in this blog anymore because if I do have one, I’ll likely going to submit it to Mark. That means this blog will only be a place for me to throw my rant and talk about something personal, which is what a blog supposed to do anyway. The blog will not be dead, I owe a lot to this blog and to Michael Bonacini who introduced me to this kind of thing. If I never made this blog, I’d never have a chance to write for Two Stompas.
Until then :D


P.S.: You may read my articles here

Comments

Popular Posts