A Rant in the Middle of Boredom

Today is so boring. I do have something to work for but don't have any eagerness to do it. So as usual, I start to do nothing. And by doing nothing I mean I surf the net and read many articles, mostly about Magic. Starcitygames, MTG Goldfish, Channel Fireball, then some non-Magic site who talked about how Magic is the biggest E-Sport that is not an E-Sport (what a weird statement).

And then I encountered this thesis about the community of Magic the Gathering and card gamer as a whole. I have only read the preface but it already took my interest to read the whole thesis. What surprised me is that there are actually many academic writings that has been done about Magic and I want to read them as I always want to made an academic writing about my favorite hobby since a long time. (you can read the Thesis that I'm talking about here).

I also do some doodling, anime-style, which is the only doodling that I can do, but I'm pretty satisfied with my doodling today. Ah, it reminds me of the time when I dreamt about being a mangaka in my boring biology class.

Yeah, I'm bad at making straight line
I also prepared a decklist for this Saturday's NATS. Many people believe that I have left Yugioh for Magic which might be true, because I haven't attend any Yugioh Locals in the past 2-3 months. But I don't think I can sell my entire collection and leave the game for good. I still love the game and I do still have a hope that Yugioh can be a better game in the future in which when that future came I will still have my collection ready to be played. But I digress. What is most important to me is that I will meet my friends from Semarang this weekend and that is something I can't wait for. Ah I wish it's Saturday already.

Comments

Popular Posts