The Colors in Me


I love the color of Blue. Blue is the color of intelligence and innovation. Blue wants nothing more than the best of every individual. It believes that every one of us born as an empty sheet that must be filled with knowledge.

Yes, all of us might have started with seven cards and we will gain more and more cards as time goes by. But why must we wait when we can speed up the process? Why not play Treasure Cruise and get 3 more cards? Blue understood that we should not wait for the destiny to set a path for us. Instead we have to identify the path that lies ahead and create a shortcut for our own so we can get ahead of others. Individualism at its best and I like it.

But I also love the color of Green. Green is the color of spiritualism and nature. Green recognizes the presence of a force greater than us and it tries its best to be as close as possible to that force. No matter how much knowledge we have, there will be certain forces that science can't decipher.

Yes, you can have the knowledge of most creature in the multiverse thus you can counter their summoning, but how does it feel when you are faced with a force so powerful such as Gaea's Revenge? Surely all of those knowledge you have can't save you. Green understood that there is a limit to one's knowledge thus one must learn to be humble and use their knowledge not only for themselves but to the society as a whole.

To me, knowledge and spirituality is what defines me as a person. But sometimes, being smart and devout could be boring and I want to do something out of my nature. That's when I come to Red. Red taught me that life is too short to be wasted on contemplating and researching. Instead, we must try to live in the moment and do whatever our heart desires.

Yes, it might look smarter to counter opponent's spell but why don't just Bolt their face and believe that you will get more Bolt from your next draw to finish them? From Red, I learned to trust my gut. I learned to commit into risky stuffs without ever put to much thought into it. Red put a chaos into my orderly yet boring life and I'll never regret ever meeting Red.

As I grew up, I met with Black and immediately fascinated with it's thought process. Black believed that the structure in the world we lived in is such a big bullshit. Black shows me the reality of life, how the government, the corporate, and even the society tries to force their ideal into ourselves and make us into something we are not. Black also taught me some tips and tricks to survive the harsh reality of the world.

From Black, I learned that following the rule will only yield into one's destruction as an individual thus we must find a way to exploit the rule for our own benefit in order to preserve our own individuality. Yes, it might sound cruel, but if I am faced with an oppresive being such as Dragonlord Ojutai, I have no other way to survive except to tell those Merciless Executioner to sacrifice themselves and I'll tell them that it is for the greater good.

Sometimes the Green side of me will argue about the danger of following Black's way and makes me feel bad about doing it. But then I remember that many great leaders in the past has also used dirty methods in order to achieve the greater good. So I made a promise with Green that everything I have done, will not only lead into my own benefit but I'll make sure that it will also benefit many people. Then I don't feel bad about it anymore.

However, I never understood White. White always feel like it is the most important thing in the world. White sets up order, White sets up rules, White sets up enforcer that will make sure we follow those rules and maintain the order. White is such a pain in the ass, telling me I have to do this, I have to do that, without ever telling me why. It's just the way it has been done, they said. Like for example, I never understand why must I give my opponent a land when I Exiled their annoying creatures.

White always like to think that they can make a win-win solution that can satisfy everyone. Like really? You trade their Wurmcoil Engine with a basic Forest and you think it's an even trade and you expect them to be satisfied? That's what I dislike even more from White. They like to pretend that they are the good guy. They will never admit that they are doing murder, they will never admit that they are limiting people's freedom. Instead they will say pretty words to justify their bad deeds and they even dare to say they act on behalf of us.

But despite my frustation from White, I never truly hate it or the people who believe in its cause. Because I realized that those people become that way because they were born in an oppresive system and surrounded by people who was also born from the same system, without ever meeting with anyone from different system. Thus, they become fanatical with their system and think that everyone should also be like them.

The Green side of me told me to put myself in their position and it makes me realized that I will also become like them if I was put into the same situation. The Blue side of me told me to study them and it makes me realized how much better I am and it makes me feel stupid for wasting my time being frustated over them.

Now if you have read this far, know that this is a writing of a person who is dying of boredom of the workload in his office. Not everything that is written should be taken literally or be taken as a fact about the writer's history. The only fact that has to be upholded is that the writer felt so much happier after writing this thing because he can use his time to do something interesting.

So what's the story of your colors?


Comments

  1. As my whole magic experience was focused on limited, I rarely have the luxury to be attached to one color. In limitation, you learn to accept what have been dealt to you, sometimes you will be sacrificing others and your own life to gain unbelievable power, but when time calls, you have to stick with small fries and finish everything in quick swoop.

    In limitation you learn to not force your desire, you learn to cooperate, you learn to adapt, you learn to gave up flashy spell in favor of that small creature that will protect you from losing in turn 5. For a mage of the limited realm, if that brings opposing force down, any color will do really.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts