Tiny Update

I haven't updated this blog in a while. I guess it's only natural since I've been on hiatus from any tcg-related thing in the past six months. Since starting my graduate study on July, I've been stopping my attendance in Two Stompas. I was only playing in two Magic events, the Kaladesh Prerelease and Aethernity Cup. I got 15th in Aethernity which is quite impressive considering I haven't played any game of Magic after Kaladesh Prerelease.

I got paired with Adya, which is now part of Team Biawak, in the win and in for Top 8. It was quite terrible, but we have to play in order to ensure one of us got to Top 8. Looking back at it, I suppose I should just give the win to Adya since he has played in Kaladesh Draft more than I do (because I haven't played any). If I just concede right away, Adya can relax and prepare better for the draft. But then again, my pride as a player just didn't allow me to do it. I guess I'm still a human after all (lol).

On the other side, I actually went to an onsite Hearthstone Tournament in August (I think) and got second place. The tournament was free so I had nothing to lose and I manage to win some money because of it. I also got introduced to the HSID community for the first time and was invited to their meeting. My first impression is that their community is much more established than any of the tcg community I ever join and they do have every intention to improve Indonesian Hearthstone Player and to support them to compete in international event. That is a noble intention indeed, something that I can never found in the tcg community which is more into clashing with each other community. Not really sure if their intention can be fulfilled but I have no reason not to support them, I guess.

Currently my activity is only casually playing online card game in my tab. Between Hearthstone, Shadowverse, Clash Royale, and recently Duel Links, I really don't feel like focusing in any of each. I don't know if I can ever be a real pro gamer that the HSID community try to make, but I will surely try.

Comments

Popular Posts