Doodling Doodling

I love drawing, although I never really good at it. When I feel bored in the office and there is no new article from MTG Goldfish or SCG, I usually take a pen and paper and start doodling. I never doodle with pencil, only pen. I don't know why but it's more comfortable and there are a lot of pen in my table. I always draw an object, mostly humanoid. I can never draw a landscape or else it'll turn into a twin mountain and a sun rise from the middle of them.

When I draw, I always feel relaxed. If I draw out of my head, my mind will wander to search for shapes and my hand will try to interpret it as best as it could. If I draw out of a picture, my mind will be busy appreciating the artist' details of that picture and my hand will try to mimic those details as best as it could. While I did that, there is no time to think about anything. My tedious work, my flu, my loss in last tournament, everything goes away.

Then, when I almost finished my drawing, there is a surge of excitement coming out of nowhere. My hand intensifies and I will draw slightly faster. Finally, after the last scratch was made, I saw it. My creation, my doodling, becomes real. And I'll feel happy.

Today, I probably just created my best doodle so far that I can be proud of. It's a doodling of Ugin, the Spirit Dragon.



Like I said before, when I draw something out of a picture, I become more appreciative to every details of that pictures. I have probably slammed Ugin on the table for a lot of time but I never realized that Ugin's body is full of shard, both sharp and blunt. I also never realized, that Ugin's wings are very similar to birds. Those ghostfire around Ugin? I also just noticed that.

In the end tho, I just want to say that you don't have to be a professional artist to enjoy drawing. Just grab some pen and paper and start drawing. Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts